Saturday, July 3, 2010

To My Future Hubby

It isn't the first time I've seen it, but it warms my heart and restores my faith every time. What is this that I speak of?...


My patient went home the other day. Her husband and her held hands when leaving the hospital. They are 80 something years old. It warms my heart every time I see that. My patients often tell me their stories with their husbands/wives. I see couples taking care of each other, worrying about each other, and loving each other every day that I work. And they restore my faith in relationships, in marriages.

To my future hubby, when I am 80, old and wrinkly, will you still hold my hand and tell me that you love me? Will you help me fancy up my walker with Winnie the Pooh? Will you bring me to the beach in my wheelchair? ... ... ... Will I ever find you? 

3 comments:

  1. Future Hubby: "yes, no, yes, yes"

    (the 'no' is for winnie the pooh) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, yea, that winnie the pooh bit just crossed the line!

    ReplyDelete