Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Orange

This past year has been crazy. Both good and bad. 

Work has been more mentally exhausting than ever. I remember finishing my final preceptorship was an exciting time. Everyone had all sorts of advice and tips to give me, amongst which were often negative -- "it'll be a roller coaster", "you'll never get used to the hospital politics", "you will get so bitter so quick being on a regular ward"... etc etc. Despite everything, I was excited to finally be done. I always knew I would miss school, but I never realized it would be because I would get so sick of work. 

There are no easy solutions to an aging population. I don't have an answer, but I do know that what we are doing just isn't working. Our practices are becoming so unsafe, and are causing people sicker quicker. It is heart-breaking sometimes, and I often question HOW am I expected to work. Fighting to deliver decent patient care against hospital politics is the most disgusting.

Picking up a full-time, paid training, position in the emergency room is like a dream come true. I can only wonder who to thank for such blessings -- less than a year out of school, and already been given such a great opportunity. It is exciting, scary, reassuring, frightening, encouraging, humbling... ... all at the same time. Though at the bottom of my heart, I wonder if, again, it'll only a matter of time before I'm bored and want a new challenge again. I'm so "orange" and I need new and shiny things all the time, that it sure gets slightly annoying.

Finally, I love Allen. He is simply the best guy any girl could ever ask for. Just a thought. :)


Yes, we are always this happy when we are together :P

No comments:

Post a Comment