Saturday, March 27, 2010

Be A Great Nurse

Many people tell me that I will be a great nurse. "You are going to be great nurse!" - I often hear similar lines from my patients, my nurses, and my supervisors. My favourite so far is "here comes my super-nurse!". There are also times when I think I will be a great nurse too! 

Yet here I am, having completed my final preceptorship, wondering how I will become this great nurse that many people tell me I will eventually be. At my ESN interview awhile back, the interviewer asked me what makes a good nurse. I said, "one who cares, with knowledge and experience, makes a good nurse". 

I care.
I only have some knowledge.
I need more experience.
I am determined to be a great nurse.

To Langara Nursing Grad 2010: the end is near. Let's all be great nurses together. :) Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. you need to be a scary nurse to keep all the patients in line!

    ReplyDelete